THE COLOR OF AUTISM: METHODS TO REACH AND EDUCATE CHILDREN ON THE AUTISM SPECTRUM
Author(S): Toni Flowers
Award Winning Book
Voted “Teacher of the Year” by ASA, Toni Flowers invites readers to learn from, tweak, and refine the strategies she’s used during her quartercentury of teaching children with autism.
Chockfull of great ideas, this book tackles some of the thorniest problems (runners, homework, screamers, setting limits, aggression, etc.) facing teachers and parents. It will quickly become a goto book in your library!
Helpful chapters include:
- Challenges and Expectations: The Child with Autism Can Learn
- So Many Words? So Little Time: Change Your Way of Communicating
- I Never Met a Person with Autism I Didn’t Like: The Importance of Teacher/Student Bonding
- The Classroom: Designing a Place to Learn
- Schedules: Making Sense of the Day
- The Fine Art of Cueing
- To Self-Stim? Or Not to Self-Stim
- School and Beyond: Homework
- Activities: The Daily Grind
Binding: Paperback/soft cover