Get BOTH Behavior Solutions books for ONE low price!
Written by Director of Special Education Peter Gennaro, occupational therapist Beth Aune, and special needs mom and advocate Beth Burt, these insightful books illuminate possible causes of mysterious behaviors, and more importantly, provides solutions! Teachers can quickly look up an in-the-moment solution and learn about what the child is communicating, and why.
The first book provides solutions to dozens of problem behaviors that occur inside the classroom, such as:
- Out-of-Seat Behaviors
- Covering Ears
- Hiding or Running Away When Upset
- Putting Head Down or “Shutting Down”
- Difficulty with Class Work and Homework
- Losing Materials and Missing Assignments
- Poor Handwriting
- Not Following Directions
- Saying Rude or Inappropriate Things
- Clothing Issues
- Difficulty Making Decisions
- Excessive Talking
- Laughing Excessively or Being Silly
- Little or No Eye Contact
- Temper Outbursts
- And more!
The second book builds on the success of the first one by expanding the focus from within the classroom to all areas of the school environment—in the hallways, cafeteria, and auditorium, on the playground, and in therapy sessions during the school day, addressing:
- Leaving the classroom without permission
- Lack of focus in whole group instruction
- Out-of-seat behavior
- In-seat behavior
- Difficulty completing independent work
- Difficulty organizing materials
- Classroom celebrations
- Unsafe or inappropriate use of equipment
- “Aggressive” behavior on the playground or during PE
- Difficulty joining in group activities/isolating
- Challenges with turn-taking
- Being a poor sport
- And many others!