MORE BEHAVIOR SOLUTIONS IN AND BEYOND THE INCLUSIVE CLASSROOM: SEE A BEHAVIOR? LOOK IT UP!
Author(S): Beth Aune, Beth Burt, Peter Gennaro
Award Winning Book: Foreword Magazine’s Book of the Year
Quickly find an in-the-moment solution!
Now more than ever, states are mandating that children with special needs be included in the general education classroom. As a result, all educational professionals, from teachers to administrators, need specific training on how to handle unusual behaviors.
This book builds on the success of the first one by expanding the focus from within the classroom to all areas of the school environment—in the hallways, cafeteria, auditorium, on the playground, and in therapy sessions during the school day. See a particular behavior? Look it up!
Director of special education Peter Gennaro, occupational therapist Beth Aune, and special needs mom and advocate Beth Burt collectively address and solve problematic behaviors relating to:
- Leaving the classroom without permission
- Lack of focus in whole group instruction
- Out-of-seat behavior
- In-seat behavior
- Difficulty completing independent work
- Difficulty organizing materials
- Classroom celebrations
- Unsafe or inappropriate use of equipment
- “Aggressive” behavior on the playground or during P.E.
- Difficulty joining in group activities/isolating
- Challenges with turn-taking
- Being a poor sport
- And many others!