EARLY INTERVENTION AND AUTISM: REAL-LIFE QUESTIONS, REAL-LIFE ANSWERS
Author(S): Jim Ball, ED.D., BCBA
- Gold Winner, National Parenting Publications Awards
- Finalist in the 2008 ForeWord Book of the Year Awards
- Gold Award Winner in the 2009 Independent Publisher Book Award
Leave behind confusing textbooks and unreliable websites. This book will guide you through your child’s early years by providing sound advice based on over twenty years of experience. In an easy-to-read, question-answer format, Dr. Jim Ball explains what makes your child tick, how to get the most out of early intervention services, and how to choose the most effective treatment options.
Helpful features include:
- 10 Common Myths about Children with ASD,
- 7 Effective Teaching Strategies,
- 10 Behavior Rules to Live By, and
- Must-have EI Goals and Objectives for Children with ASD.
In a special how-to section in the book, Dr. Jim walks you through a typical day in the life of a young child with autism, from the time the child wakes up to the time he goes to bed. You will learn what to do (and not do), what to say (and not say), and how to use the strategies outlined in the book to teach your child new skills, manage behavior, and have fun while learning! No matter what your level of “autism expertise,” this is your game plan to start working with your child right away!